Sat, Aug 15|
Na'au Nature Camp & Cultural Center
9/30~Nature Connection Day (Ages 9 to 12) (1)
We will be connecting the participants to nature with fun exploration and inspiring eco-arts, bushcraft, and ancestral survival skills. While we will be cultivating a strong knowledge of place, and teaching ways to be more resilient during these challenging times. NATURE| ARTS| CULTURE| RESILIENCE
Time & Location
Aug 15, 2020, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Na'au Nature Camp & Cultural Center , Kaloko Dr, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
About The Event
We will be following the safety guidelines established by the CDC and Hawaii State Department of Health that includes social/safety distancing, wearing masks in closer proximity, and small groups outdoors. Please see our Safety Guidelines page for a comprehensive list of our guidelines. Partial scholarships are available.
Our Nature Program will give your child/ren a chance to:
- Connect with a sacred cloud forest through a daily sit spot and hands-on exploration
- Awaken their sensory awareness through fun games and spontaneous adventures!
- Ignite their passion for outdoor living and survival skills
- Enjoy expressive arts and dive deep into our inner-connection to Nature with tools to find balance, and resilience in our ever-changing world
- Build life-long relationships with the incredible diverse plants, birds & animals of Hawaii
- Cultivate a connection to place through traditional mo’olele (storytelling) and mele (songs) *Click on the read more for additional event details
Our Experienced Mentoring Team are:
- Are well known and respected Mentors in our community with over 20 years of experience working with children
- Trained and certified in widely-respected outdoor educational philosophies: Coyote Mentoring, the Art of Mentoring, Eco-Arts, and Sharing Nature with Children.
- We need a minimum of 5 children (ages 9 to 12) signed up to run this program.
- Our ratios are low (1:5 staff-student ratio). We will have a maximum of 10 students in the program.
- There is a First Aid and CPR trained staff on site
- Food is not included. Please bring a hearty lunch and lots of snacks & water.
- Note that due to uncertain times our nature program is subject to change or maybe postponed last minute. Mahalo for understanding.
Limited spaces are available. Sibling discount and "Refer a Friend" specials available. Please note that you can only qualify for one discount at a time. We look forward to connecting with you and your ohana! Mahalo!
Early Bird Special~ Daily Rate
+$2.25 Sales Tax
+$2.25 Sales Tax0
Request a Partial Scholarship