Mon, Nov 21|
Na'au Forest Camp (Keahou Uka)
Giving Thanks Wilderness Adventure Camp (Ages 5 to 12)~November 21-23
We will be connecting the children to nature with fun exploration, inspiring eco-arts, and ancestral survival skills. Additionally, we will be using place-based education to teach ways for participants to be more sustainable and resilient. NATURE| ARTS| CULTURE| RESILIENCE
Time & Location
Nov 21, 2022, 9:00 AM HST – Nov 23, 2022, 2:00 PM HST
Na'au Forest Camp (Keahou Uka), Walua Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
About The Event
Our Nature Program will give your child/ren a chance to:
- Connect with a sacred dry forest through a daily sit spot and hands-on exploration
- Awaken their sensory awareness through fun games and spontaneous adventures!
- Ignite their passion for outdoor living and survival skills
- Enjoy expressive arts and dive deep into our inner-connection to Nature with tools to find balance, and resilience in our ever-changing world
- Build life-long relationships with the incredible diverse plants, birds & animals of Hawaii
- Cultivate a connection to place through traditional mo'olele (storytelling) and mele (songs) *Click on the read more for additional event details
Our Experienced Mentoring Team are:
- Are well known and respected Mentors in our community with over 20 years of experience working with children
- We have trained and certified in widely-respected outdoor educational philosophies: Coyote Mentoring, the Art of Mentoring, Eco-Arts, and Sharing Nature with Children.
- We need a minimum of 10 children (ages 5 to 12) signed up to run this program.
- Our ratios are low. We will have a maximum of 20 students in the program.
- There is a First Aid, and CPR-trained staff on site
- Food is not included. Please bring a hearty lunch and lots of snacks & water.
- Scholarships are available, don't hesitate to get in touch with us for more information.
Limited spaces are available. Sibling discount and "Refer a Friend" specials are available. Please note that you can only qualify for one discount at a time. We look forward to connecting with you and your ohana! Mahalo!
Copyright 2021 Journeys in the Na'au, All Rights Reserved.
Giving Thanks Ticket~3 days
+$6.75 Sales Tax
This ticket is for the entire camp, all three days.
+$6.75 Sales Tax0
Giving Thanks Daily~ Wednesday
+$2.70 Sales Tax
This ticket is for one day of our camp
+$2.70 Sales Tax0