Thu, Mar 23|
Na'au Forest Camp
Rewilding Days (Ages 5-12)~Keauhou
During our workshop, we will teach ancestral knowledge and the fundamentals of outdoor survival skills: how to build a shelter, make a fire, forage for food, medicine, and water, and we can't forget one of the most essential survival skill, awareness!
Time & Location
Mar 23, 9:30 AM – Mar 24, 1:30 PM
Na'au Forest Camp, Walua Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
About The Event
NATURE| CULTURE| RESILIENCE |JOY
Over the last five years, I have focused on remembering my ancestral wisdom, getting lots of "dirt time," and honing my survival skills because my na'au told me this ʻike (knowledge) would be needed during these times. Our Nature Mentors will also use local knowledge, inspiring ancestral wisdom, and outdoor survival skills to teach participants to be more sustainable and resilient.
We will also focus on what our ancestors did this time of year. We will discuss traditional activities, such as harvesting & drying seasonal la'au (plants), observing the moon phases, and storytelling. Additionally, We will awaken the participant's sensory awareness through fun and exciting awareness games.
Our Nature Program will give your child/ren a chance to:
- Connect with nature through a daily sit spot and hands-on exploration
- Awaken their sensory awareness through fun games and spontaneous adventures!
- Ignite their passion for outdoor living and survival skills.
- Enjoy expressive arts and dive deep into our interconnection to nature with tools to find balance and resilience in our ever-changing world
- Build life-long relationships with the incredibly diverse plants, birds & animals of Hawaii
- Cultivate a connection to place through traditional mo'olele (storytelling) and mele (songs) *Click on the read more for additional event details
Our Experienced Mentoring Team is:
- Are well-known and respected Mentors in our community with over 20 years of experience working with children
- Trained and certified in widely-respected outdoor educational philosophies: Coyote Mentoring, the Art of Mentoring, Eco-Arts, and Sharing Nature with Children.
- We need a minimum of 4 children (ages 6 to 12) signed up to run this program.
- Our ratios are low. We will have a maximum of 15 students in the program.
- Food is not included. Please bring a hearty lunch and lots of snacks & water.
- Scholarships are available. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us for more information.
Limited spaces are available. Sibling discounts and "Refer a Friend" specials are available. Please note that you can only qualify for one deal at a time.
We look forward to connecting with you and your ohana! Mahalo!
Copyright 2021 Journeys in the Na'au, All Rights Reserved.
Request a Partial Scholarship
+$2.70 Sales Tax
+$2.70 Sales Tax0
+$5.40 Sales Tax
This ticket is for two days from 9:30 am - 1:30 pm each day.
+$5.40 Sales Tax0